Hi, friends! I am writing from my hotel balcony looking out to the ocean in the beautiful state of Florida, and feeling extremely grateful for all the interesting places my job takes me. It is very hard to be away from my family, friends, and comforts of home when I am away for over 100 days out of the year--BUT, it's the moments like reaching the top of Mount Mitchell in NC and admiring all the beautiful fall colors, and watching the sunrise on the beach in FL, that make me feel so happy grateful for where I am in my life! With the help of the Healthy Traveling Series, our hope is that you too will strive to live in the present moment and create lasting memories of your travels (and life in general!) while minimizing stress, illness, or lethargy!
This week on the Healthy Traveling Series I will be covering my top 10 must haves for a fit, happy and healthy experience on the road. If you missed last week's installment, I covered my favorite travel snacks and next week I will be going over my favorite hotel room/little-to-no equipment workouts.
1. Travelpro Maxlite Spinner: This suitcase is, hands down, my favorite bag to travel with. Because it has 4 wheels and is only 8 pounds, my shoulders and low back aren't screaming at me. The expandable feature on it is especially nice for all those vacation purchases!
2. Packing Cubes: When I first started my job, this was the most recommended item for on-the-road packing success. I use these to separate my work-out clothes, underwear, and business casual items, so everythings stays organized and easy to find.
3. Probiotics: I don't know about you, but everytime I travel, my digestion gets way out of whack. I always make sure to pack quality probiotics and pick up some Kombucha (and other probiotic-rich foods and beverages) once I arrive to my destination.
4. Bamboo Travel Utensils: This handy pouch of reusable utensils is perfect for easy hotel room cooking, and is friendly to Mother Earth as well!
5. Ginger Chews: Ginger is touted as being an effective treatment for nausea and upset stomach, and with my history of motion sickness, I never leave home without these.
6. Water Bottle: Traveling can be so dehydrating! Having a re-usable bottle on hand is wallet and eco friendly.
7. Face Wipes: I am so lazy when it comes to washing my face, so I usually use on of these wipes even when I am not traveling. They are great for your gym bag as well!
8. Hanging Toiletry Bag: This is definitely my most used item! The various-sized, clear compartments keep you organized and makes everything easy to find. When you get to your destination, just unroll it and hang it on the back of the bathroom door!
10. Moleskin: I learned about this miracle blister preventer/healer in my time at Army Basic Training. If you are planning on logging several miles in uncomfortable shoes, cut out a small square and stick it directly on potential "hot spots" on your feet. If you already have a blister, cut a hole in the moleskin and place on skin, making sure the blister is not covered.
What are some of YOUR travel essentials? Let me know what I missed in the comments section below! Since my job involves so much traveling, I love to learn about new ways to make living on the road a little easier. Thank you so much for reading! We hope you have happy and healthy future travels!